Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

In His Arms - Covering Up



Welcome one and all to this very special week in my Spotlight to help Tina Donahue release In His Arms on September 3.

Especially welcome to Tina and thanks for this chance to be a part of your new book coming from Ellora's Cave.

Contrary to what some readers might think, I have no special treatment...I've read the excerpts, I've seen the blurbs, but I haven't read the entire book. Well, at least not yet! That means I have a ton of questions going through my mind, and I'm going to try to narrow those down to the most important ones this week.

Like most people, the very first thing that grabbed me about In His Arms was the cover. I'm a tattoo freak. Maybe I should reword that to say that I have enough tattoos that I could be in a freak show! Right this moment, I have sixteen individual tattoos. That means that the tattoo on RJ's arm caught my attention.

On myself, I like more "artistic" works...I have hummingbirds, butterflies, and flowers on my own body. But on men, I like the more geometric, tribal designs. The cover image really grabbed me. Then, in the excerpt, we have the passage...

Her lips parted on a wanton sigh at his unusual tattoo. The geometric design, a series of thick black swirls that ended in sharp points, covered his right pectoral muscle and flowed over his shoulder to his back. Several of the points curved from behind to reach just below his right nipple. Another set curled around his muscular biceps. The effect proved startling, savage, the kind of marking men would have used in ancient times to declare their strength to an enemy or a woman they held captive.

OK, I'm hooked!!

So, my first question is all about the cover...

Tell me, Tina, who did the artwork for the cover? Do the characters as portrayed there make a good match for how you envisioned Summer and RJ as you were writing the book?

Keep Loving!

Melodee Aaron, Erotica Romance Author
Home Page
Melodee's Books at BookStrand
Inquisitor Betrayer


17 comments:

  1. Hey, Melodee - not certain if you wanted me to comment here or begin a new blog post, so I'll do it here for now.

    Syneca did the artwork for Ellora's Cave - that woman is SO talented - I just LOVE her!! :)

    Actually, the characters look better than I envisioned them and believe me, I envisioned RJ as being hot, hot, HOT. The perfect Alpha male with one exception - the tenderness and love he feels for Summer.

    Jimmy was the model for the cover. He's well known in the romance community and when I told my writer friends that he was on my newest cover, well - they just had to see it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where-ever!

    Yes, Jimmy is super hot, and I thought that was him on the cover. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more, Melodee. I've waited a long time to have Jimmy on one of my covers and finally it happened. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melodee. Hi Tina.
    ,
    Tina, congratulations on your new release. I had to go back to your site and look at that yummy cover again and make sure it was Jimmy. I totally missed that, I was distracted by all those rippling muscles and tattoo. hehehe
    It is one gorgeous cover, and I especially like the water trickling down his back. So sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Armenia - how are you???

    Yeah, that's Jimmy - I didn't know it either until he told another author about it.

    I just love his tat...it is sooooo hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tina and Melodee I can't wait to see what comes up this week. Tina I love the cover, its sooo HOT!!! Have a good week...

    -Brandy
    brandyzbooks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Brandy...

    I'm having a great time, and I hope Tina and the readers are as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Brandy - I love the cover too!!! Hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Tina. Family and I are back from Florida. I managed to keep my skin intact and didn't scorch it too badly.

    I do have have a question about book covers. And I've noticed this with Ellora Caves, but why is it some author's covers will have cover models on some have 2-dimensional artwork on their other work?

    I try not to be a shallow romance reader, but I can't seem to get past the plastic people. I mean, from the character description I can visualize the sexy hero and heroine, but I feel the "cartoon" feel detracts from this. Yeah, I know, I am probably missing a lot of good books out there, but unless there's lots of hooplah over the story I won't even look at it. *ducks from the flying debris*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Armenia - I don't know why publishers make the decisions they do regarding covers. I suspect it has to do with market research. That they've learned through interest groups and sales over the years what to do (and what not to do).

    Although my publishers send me a cover art sheet asking for details about how my hero/heroine look and what I think is most important to have on a cover, they then take it from there. The ultimate decision is up to them.

    I've been very lucky. I've always gotten great covers. That said, I think In His Arms is simply outstanding - best cover I've EVER had. Hey, best cover I've EVER seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great cover and love to read this book. susan L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey,Susan - thanks for stopping by. It is a cool cover, isn't it??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cover! I recently found your books and love them and can not wait to check this one out.

    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Gabrielle - welcome to the fold. IMHO, In His Arms has one of the best and most moving love stories I've ever written. And - oh yeah - there is lots and lots of steamy sex. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been waiting for this book awhile now. Cant you get them to bump the date up? Hehehehe.
    Everyone is so dead on; that cover is very hot and will definitely be a push for you book! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete