Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wal-Mart Rocket Science


Melodee's Home Page

I can't seem to leave some news stories alone...

Who You Gonna Call?

I have a friend up here on the mountain who works for Wal-Mart. He worked Thanksgiving day and the day after, the so-called Black Friday event. He told me that he heard a good number of shoppers asking why Wal-Mart, a company founded by Sam Walton on the principle of family and community, was even open on Thanksgiving.

I personally know a lot of people who asked that same question, too.

No, I am not picking on Wal-Mart. Most other retail stores did the same thing.

So, why are they open on Thanksgiving?

Because those same people who were fussing about why the Evil Wal-Mart Empire makes their employees work on a family holiday are in the stores spending money.

It ain't rocket science, folks!

If no one shopped on Thanksgiving, the stores would not be open.

Then all of those employees could be at home with their families instead of putting up with rude shoppers.

Yes, I said "rude". My friend told me that at one point on Thanksgiving Day, a shopper walked up to him and demanded, "Where are the fucking potato chips?"

I would have replied, "Over by the fucking Fritos, asshole."

He smiled and said, "Right over here, Ma'am, " and took her to them.

I guess that's why I don't work in retail.

Keep Loving!

Melodee Aaron, Erotica Romance Author
Home Page
Melodee's Books at BookStrand


No comments:

Post a Comment